Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cherry Blossom 10-Miler

This past Wednesday, I woke up with a familiar sensation - a sore throat and the feeling that fluid was filling up in my ear. Great! The onset of a sinus infection. I've been getting them pretty regularly for the last 2 years. I can count on at least 2 per year, but usually I have no clue as to when the onset will occur.

And despite my best attempts to medicate it, I woke up this morning congested and feeling no better than I have for the last 4 days. I was still determined to run the race. Due to how I was feeling, I revised my extremely challenging goal of 1:30 to 1:40. However, it was not to be. The official results are not posted yet, but my Garmin posted a time of 1:44. At least I beat my time at the Army 10-miler (1:55).

I'll post my official results once they are available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you did 1:40 b/c Cherry Blossom is such a crowded race!

brownie said...

Great job!