I composed this song in my head right before New Year’s when I was in Tampa. I have two other songs I composed at the same time, but I’m still trying to dig the lyrics out of my sub-conscious. Regardless, this is my first song-writing attempt and although I feel it’s very Alanis Morisette-like, I know we all have felt angry at a partner at some point. And please don’t try to read anything into this, I directed my feelings to a variety of men I met in the last year and when I was in my early 20’s. The only reason I’m recording the song now is because I made a New Year’s resolution to perform a certain list of activities that I had never tried before. Writing songs was one of my resolutions. Singing them is another.
And since I’m on a writing kick, I’m digging subject matter from the recesses of my brain. I thought about posting this one to my other blog since it is so dark, but that would negate the point of me writing it, cause who would see it there? So maybe the next lyrics I write will be more peppy – we’ll see what kind of celebratory mood I can get myself into…
Oh, and do I have a tune for it? Not really. Although some Garbage tunes are coming to mind now and although I would like to compose something epic like “Unforgiven” – I don’t believe I am that talented. But hell, I’ll give it a shot!
Why did you leave me all alone
Why did you cheat me of your smile
I don’t wanna stay at home
It’s not fair – I’m so filled with bile!
I curse you!
I don’t care about threefolds
I don’t care about consequences
I don’t care at all
I curse you!
I curse you
Throughout all time and space
May you never return to the place
That you knew best
I curse you
For eternity
May you never know loyalty
Even in pure lust
I curse you
You thought you were nice
I saw you as cold
It’s not right
To be so bold
I curse you
Throughout all time and space
May you find an empty face
When you wanted a chase
I curse you
For eternity
May you feel empty inside
With nowhere to hide
I curse you
2 comments:
"Even in pure lust I curse you"... I've been there!!
I play guitar and sing but I haven't written a song in about 5 years (since I met DH). Maybe when I move to DC we can get together and form a duet?!!! In the UK I was renowned for writing great hash skit songs.
Wow, with songwriting talent like that, I bet you could open for Net next time he does karaoke at Willie's!
Post a Comment